When Do I Need To Hire A Family Law Attorney In New York, NY?
A Family Lawyer is an expert in a wide range of law and has the expertise to guide you in a variety of family law matters. Some matters that a Family Lawyer might assist you with include the following family issues:
- Divorce– Divorce is probably the most common issue for which most people consult with a Family Law Firm. During the divorce process journey, emotions can and will run high, causing confusion. Seek out assistance from an experienced Family Law Attorney so that you can ensure that the process is as smooth as possible from the beginning all the way through to the end.
- Domestic Abuse– If you have been mistreated and/or harmed mentally, emotionally, or physically by your spouse or partner, you should definitely consult with the Best Attorney For Family Law in New York at Newman Law Group, P.C. Our lawyers have the knowledge and resources to guide you and advise you in a manner that will keep you and your children safe from any more harm.
- Child Adoption– An experienced Family Law Matters Attorney can help and advise you through the process of legal child adoption and other family law issues centering around adoption.
- Guardianship– When a natural parent of a child cannot take care of a child adequately, guardianship might be passed over to a friend or family member who can better care for the child. The legal guardian will then make all legal decisions regarding the child.
- Child Abuse and Neglect– A Family Law Attorney might be consulted when there have been accusations or suspicion of child abuse within the family unit.
- Child Custody and Visitation Rights– During or after the divorce is completed, a parent might reconsider child custody and/or visitation rights of the other parent. A Family Lawyer can help you decide what is fair and which environment might be best for the child in the eyes of the law. The lawyer will also be able to file the proper paperwork to make any changes to the child custody and visitation paperwork.
If you are located in New York, NY, and you have questions about whether you need a Family Law Attorney to assist you with any family law matters, call Newman Law Group, P.C. at (212) 486-3200 for a consultation.
What Are Some Of The Benefits To Hiring A Family Lawyer In New York?
- A Family Lawyer is an expert on all areas of family law issues. If you would like your case to run smoothly and efficiently, it is best to have professional assistance by your side.
- Hiring a family lawyer can take a lot off your plate and mind. The attorney will be able to ensure that the right evidence and documentation is filed so that the case is more likely to go in your favor.
- Your Family Law Attorney will know how to negotiate well. Since a lawyer is a neutral party, their decision making will be more rational and less emotional. Additionally, your lawyer will know what is in your best interest in the eyes of the law.
- Your lawyer will be a great source of emotional support. Family legal issues can turn emotional. Your Family Lawyer can be a support and a guide through the legal process.
- Your lawyer will help you avoid legal confusions. Law is not simple without an expert to explain it. Your experienced attorney will meet deadlines and follow the proper protocols.